Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coincidence

Coincidence is one of the strongest evidence that world is small.
Well, I believe that.

I've never undergone such awkward coincidences before I stepped into college life.
My friends and I are coming from many places, many countries. But still there is this red line that connects us.

It started two weeks after my arrival in Malaysia. I accompanied my friend staying in her house in Casa Subang. We had a long night conversation till she told me that she was in a such complicated relationship. She was once being cheated on by his boyfriend. His boyfriend had 8 girlfriends for Pete's sake. Panda (my friend's name) was one of them. At that moment, I tried to recall my memory. My junior high school friend once told me that she was also being cheated on. Who imagined that Panda and my junior high school friend were being cheated on by same guy? What a small world.

Then more coincidence happened when it came to my 'twin' sister, Ribka Julia. The first thing that brought us closer is the purchase of our cameras. We were on our second semester in CIMP and we took Computer Technology as one of our subjects. Since photography was included in the syllabus, we were advised to buy our own camera. My dad bought me a Kodak M73 camera digital with silver colour in Jonas Photography when he went to Bandung. I was truly surprised when Ika showed me her camera. It was exactly same with my camera. The difference was hers was black, whereas mine was silver. And couple days later, I found out that she even bought the camera in the same shop! =.="

Started from there, almost everything happened in my life happened in Ika's life too. It was like having someone  like yourself in slightly different situation. Too bad I could not recall one by one (because there are too many of them!). But if I remember any of them, I am gonna share it with you guys!

Not only with Ika, but also with other friends. I have a good friend and brother here, named Yohan Marselinus. I was getting closer with him lately, around one year ago. We never talked much before, since we only met after the mass in church. But who imagined we came from same elementary school? He was my senior and he went to same church with me and even worse, he once had a crush on one of my best friend's sister! Ck.

And I was more amazed when I met Katarina Siena. She was one of my good friends when we were in elementary school. We used to hang around together when we were in 5th grade.
One day I read her twitter. She said she missed indomie so much. That 'tickled' me a little bit. 'She must be somewhere outside Indonesia', I guessed. So, I direct-messaged her, asking where she was. And who thought she was having internship in Malaysia? And I was even more surprised when I found out she lived near my apartment!
Then we planned to meet in Sunway Pyramid. I missed her so much. We were close back then. It was good meeting your old friend. But it was even better knowing that she was Marsel's cousin. =.="
I was like... wth, man. In the middle of our conversation, I told Katarina that I had a friend in Malaysia, that came from same elementary school with us (Marsel, I mean). He lived in Witana Harja. She replied, "Well I have one relative living there too. And his name is Marsel. Maybe your friend is my relative! Who knows?" Then after collecting proofs from both sides, Marsel and Katarina, it was true that Marsel who was my friend was Katarina's cousin. =.="
Apparently, they are not cousins by blood, but by marriage and they barely know each other. But after I connected them, they eventually got closer. :)

Relating to Marsel, there's one more thing that shocked me much. During last holiday in Indonesia, I tidied up my room by sorting out old stuffs. I found a photo album and a newsletter of my outbound camp in Sentul, 8 years ago. When I was looking to the camping participants, I noticed one face that looked familiar to me! And suddenly I realized that might be Marsel! I bbm-ed him right away, asking whether he was in the camp or not. And guess what, he was! I still remember clearly that I once met a friend named Marsel from Canisius and I never imagined that Marsel was Marsel that I know now!

Until now, I am still waiting more coincidences to come between me and Marsel because I believe there are more! :)

More story happened recently. Remember when I posted about David's farewell? After sending David out from Lagoon View, I helped Sylfester's friend, Sarah. She was about to move to LV but the room was not ready. So meanwhile, she put her stuffs in Syl's unit and I helped her since I had nothing to do. To be honest, I didn't have any feelings that she might come from my past (tsahhh...).
In the next day, when I went to Syl's unit, Syl told me that Sarah asked about me whether I ever took an English course in ILP or not. And I said yes. Sarah told Syl that my face looked familiar. And it turns out, Sarah was my old friend when I was taking an English course in ILP. Sarah and Dinda were my closest friends in ILP back then.

Surprised much? :)

1 comment:

  1. parah lo, closest friends bisa sampe lupa
    hahahaha
    somplak somplak =P

    ReplyDelete