Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 6: These amazing people

Well, this is one of my favorite part of #30DaysBloggingChallenge and of course this is gonna be another long post! :)

I have been living in Malaysia for more than 4 years now. Living independently always teaches you something. One of them is finding good friends, and probably if you're lucky, friends for life.

Angela Natalia Nurdin, Ribka Julia, and Michelle Sufian were considered as my first friends in Malaysia. We had the same flight to Kuala Lumpur on July 1st, 2008, together with other new students from our agent.

-Michelle Sufian-
I always love Icel's smile. Honest and sweet. Just like her. I somehow adore how she handles herself, in a way that people see her as naive yet mature girl.

-Ribka Julia-
I probably have mentioned Ika many times in blog, facebook and tumblr. As you know. She's like my better half. My twin sister. Believe it or not, we have MANY similarities in life. It is gonna be a long boring post if I share our stories here. Therefore, we compiled our stories in our blog, Twin Musketeers. :)

-Angela Natalia-
Lia is more like a little sister I never had. But don't get wrong. Even though she has tiny teeny short body and used to be called 'sekya' (means little kid), she has unpredictable yet mature thoughts. Every time I need to put my logic back and be pampered at the same time, she's one of the people I seek.

Later on, we knew more people from Indonesia. Not that we were racist, but somehow we got easily close to people with same language. I knew Margaret Churchill and Sylvia Lautan, my two other sisters from Pekan Baru and Sherli Kusuma Dewi, from Aceh.

-Sylvia Lautan-
One of many things I remember from her is when she scolded me every time I put my elbow on the table during eating. Honestly I still do not know why I was not allowed to put my elbow, but since she sometimes could be a scary witch, I chose to obey her rule. =P And other things, we used to eat 2 portion of Indomie with rice for our dinner. Crazy, yes?

-Margaret Churchill-
My polar bear. We've experienced too many things, bitter and sweet, together until I can't remember any of it. One thing about Gibon is she has a very big heart. I have once made a totally unforgivable mistake, yet still she still can accept me as her best friend, without remembering my mistake.

-Sherli Kusuma Dewi-
THE BRIDE! Sherli is gonna be the first bride in our gank. She's going to marry her 9-years-older boyfriend this December in Aceh. I can't wait for her wedding!

As time went by, we graduated from college and started our uni life. Sherli, Ika, and Icel chose to go back to Indonesia, Epi took degree in Victoria University, while Lia, Gibon and I enrolled to Monash. Science major led me knowing more Indonesian people who took the same school with me, which later on became my close friends in Monash, 7/7.


That was us, in Monash Ball 2011, Indonesian gank who always made fun and chaos in laboratory.
-Elvis Leo-
-Cassandra Jayanthy-
Sandra & Elvis, my favorite silly couple. Sandra was one of the persons whom I relied on when I broke up with my first ex. Having coincidentally similar love stories somehow brought us closer. I was truly happy when she finally got over her jerk ex and chose Elvis, which hopefully was a better guy for her.

-Willy Ericko-
He's such a heartthrob, yes? Too bad he is comparable with ice, cold and rigid. If I say he is a serial murderer, people will easily believe. But as we got closer, the clown side of himself appeared. Often he made me laugh for simple reasons, such as he mistakenly thought that ear was nose and vice versa. He easily blushes when he is embarrassed and his ear becomes red and literally warm.

And there is Dedek, my another-little-sister. She is like cotton candy, colourful, sweet and naive. But she can also be fierce and strong at the same time. A good lab partner and Grey's Anatomy fans.

-Novita Indawati-
I still remember how silly I was for hating Stella because she just coincidentally has same name with someone I hate. Cold and quiet were the impression I got when I first knew her. But she turned out to be one of my best friends, who I can lean on every time I need someone. Smart and humble there is. And oh yeah, dancer and could be make-up guru too. :)

-Stella Amanda-
-Sherley Anastasia Kuncoro-
My hedon-and-shopping mate, my study buddy and my artsy sister. I always thought Ley is one of the people who just got into wrong course. As I was told, she always dreamed to be an artist, but she took Biomedical instead. We used to study together during exams, from morning to late night. The burden of exams seemed a little bit lifted when studying with her. Not that she taught me or disturbed me, but knowing that you had someone, as stressed as you are, just simply made you thinking, "You're Not Alone".

Paula and Nukke sometimes joined our circle of friends. Nukke with her childish smile and Ola with her eagerness of having fun. Nukke and I are like mother and daughter. Of course I am the mother since I am way bigger and taller than her. =P. And when there is Ola, there will be no quiet place. Everything will turn into fun when she's around.

-Nukke Adrianty-
-Paula Jonaso-
And apart from school, thank God I found my other best friends.
Let's start from my so-called-big-sister, Jetink.


-Alvianie Jessyca Sutikno-
I've been screening all her photos and decided she looked most beautiful in this photo.
I don't have big sister, who scolds me when I do something wrong and pampers me when I am down. Since I'm kinda older than the rest, I am mostly placed as big sister. But since I know her, I do know what it feels like to have big sister.
There she is, on the most right, white shirt and wearing glasses. She might be toughest girl among us. But she also knows how to cook and knit. Special? Yeah, I guess so. Despite all her (often) unstable emotion, she is a great friend, a lovely sister, a cruel mocker and an independent woman.

And here are my so-called-brothers, who live in Markas B-02-02. Their place is forcefully used for our base-camp. We used to watch movie, study, cook and even get wasted in this place. =P

-David Nugraha Santosa-
I hate to say that this guy is much younger than me, but he graduated faster. Shoot. He now lives in London, taking MBA and keeps forcing me to follow him. I want to, Vid. But fate tells me not to. =P
He sometimes acts like a little kid, wandering around, playing online games and doing something stupid.

-Ivan Reynard Hendrata-
As he always tells us, "I was born good looking," You look good here, Van.
I am pretty sure his photo will be published in Forbes 20 years from now. Classic, he is smart AND diligent. What a great combination, right? In addition, he is funny and caring. I was having good times studying as well as playing with him. He is the one I look into every time laziness comes around and he also the one I seek every time I need to get refreshed. His widely-mouthed-laughs never fails to make me laugh. =P

And Topel.
-Christofel Wong-
For the record, I am not the only one who is scared of this guy. His face always reminds me of Frankenstein, in a better shape. Right? Or am I the only one who thinks that?
Apart from his face, he is a caring person. He is the one I can talk about everything. He is the one who always listen to my trashy talking. One thing I am always being reminded about: fast calculation. Topel is like walking calculator. He might chewed part of calculator when he was young. Idk.

And lastly, my travel mate & my so-called-private-photographer =P, Syl.
I once read somewhere, when you already find your travel mates, don't let them go. My friends here are such great travel mates because we have similar traveling styles.
Usually, Syl and I are the ones who are most excited when it comes to holiday. I plan the itinerary and do the budgeting, while he calculates the routes, finds transportation and of course, takes pictures =P. If you happen to visit my travel blog, Moments Capturer, his name is always mentioned because yeah, we're always together in any trips. I could say Syl is someone that is a little bit hard to understand. His thought is so unique till I sometimes can't understand.
-Sylfester Arian Gunawan-
Besides them, I am also very close to this guy, Richard.
I could say, he is the male-version of me. Talkative, sensitive, love eating and caring. Similarities between us somehow brings us closer. He often understands me because somehow he thinks exactly the way I think.


And there are also my kokohs :3

-Kristoforus Rusli-
-Yohan Marselinus-
And my penguin <3 br="br" nbsp="nbsp">
-Evelyn Chong-
If eve is described analogically, I will choose little angel. She's like an angel who brings gifts from heaven. She changes my thoughts about how I see God gradually with her advice :)

And dimpled snowman, Erick.

Wait.
Too many people already and you feel bored?
Don't worry, there are only two left. The two persons who I just met and knew recently but left meaningful footprint in my head.
-Velia Hartono-

My ex-housemate in B-09-02. Looked quiet and arrogant from first impression, yet warm and talkative after you get closer to her.

Last person mentioned in this post.
Andriy.
-Andriyawan Sasmita-
Om Ganteng. 
Admired by teenagers (a.k.a my brother's girl friends). 
whom I just knew last month but honestly I had a good time having conversation and jokes with him.
Since he is the last person I mention, I am gonna give you a little bit surprise


Yes. That's him couple years ago, when he was still out of his mind. =P

FIUH.
Finally, after stalking my friends' facebook page to find perfect photos of themselves and digging memories about them, this LONG post is finished.
And I can proudly say, I LOVE YOU GUYS.

1 comment:

  1. Anyway! Your kokohs have nothing valuable to write isn't it?

    ReplyDelete