Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 7: Favorite Movies and TV Series

Flinstone days have passed and I am back on 2012 era with not-so-fast Internet! Yeay!
I celebrate this newborn day with blogging.
I know, I know, it has been long time.
I still remember I promised myself to strictly follow #30DaysBloggingChallenge, but the temptation to re-read my novels is greater than that.
So, let me finish what I started.

30 Days Blogging Challenge.
Day 7: Favorite Movies and TV Series.

Well, I tend not to be picky when it comes to watching movies, except those cheap soap operas, of course.
But I am a big fan of thriller and romantic comedy.
Contradictory?
Perhaps I am.

And here are the list of my favorite movies all the time (favorite is not in order):


Liam Neeson. I've never seen unsatisfying movie when he takes role in it. Taken is one of the movies I always recommend to friends when they want to watch high quality movie. Briefly about a dad who devotes all his energy to save a daughter that is kidnapped by some Albanian human traffickers. The movie is full of actions, yet heartwarming plot is still tucked between. 
Taken 2 will be released in the movie at the end of this year. Yippie!


I can be cheesy sometimes (well, I lie. I am cheesy all the time =P)
One quote I remember from this movie:
"Love is like the wind. You can't touch it, but you can feel it"
Tells about a popular guy who eventually falls in love with an old-fashioned girl. The ending is totally sad. The lead female dies because of cancer. I know the story is too common, but still, I burst into tears watching it.


I like twisted stories, when the audience are led into point A, whereas the real is point B. And this is one of the most genius movies I've ever watched. The chronology of US president shooting is exposed through 8 different stories from 8 different people nearby to finally find the real shooter. 


Another twisted movie! But this one is 'seasoned' with a little bit spooky plot. I did not expect the ending. At all. Because the story leads us to believe Leonardo Dicaprio is trapped. But the truth is....
All I can say, if you like thriller movie, you should watch it!


I did cry a lot watching this move. Adapted from novel written by Stephen King. That legendary author. Tells about a gentle giant prisoner with supernatural powers, who brings a sense of spirit and humanity to his guards and fellow inmates. Three hours is enough for you to shed your tears.


Another movie of Mr. Neeson, which is awesomely played. The movie is a little bit long, but worth to watch. You'll feel the anger, the sadness, the romance and the pity, all in one 3-hours movie. It was first released on 1998. But Hollywood re-make it with Anne Hathaway, Russel Crowe, Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyfried. I can't hardly wait for this remake!


Last one to describe. The Butterfly Effect. Twisted story, again. Just watch. The plot is beyond imagination. 
But just watch with Ashton Kutcher in it. Not that I'm such a hunk-fan, but the first version is the best.

And other movies:
Kung Fu Panda
Up
The Vow
Sex and the City
Bruce Almighty
You Again
This Means War
Harry Potter Series

And for TV Series.
Harsh comments can easily come out from my mouth when I am watching Indonesian TV Series. Not that I am not nationalistic, but those are only trashes. The stories are just too narrow, too common, too... They are just showing how moron the roles are. Sorry for being harsh. Although not all Indonesian TV Series are that bad. Note that.
So, instead of wasting my time watching Indonesian, I prefer watching US's. 
And the most favorite TV EVER, according to me is...


GREY'S ANATOMY

I've been following this TV series since season 1. And now it's already Season 9. And now I am already TOO attached with this TV series and its characters.
It is an American TV medical drama, premiered on ABC. Grey's Anatomy focuses on the fictional lives of surgical interns, residents and attending in fictive hospital Seattle Grace Mercy West, in Seattle. 
Each new episode is getting attracting and can literally hypnotize you with the stories.
Here are the characters:


Won't tell you one by one.

Recently, I had my heart broken because one of my favorite characters, Lexie Grey, is dead due to plane crash. And later on, her fictive soul mate, Mark Sloan, my McSteamy, follows Lexie to die too. This plane crash has led into lots of troubles. Lots and lots. Derek Shepherd's hand may not fully function again, Cristina Yang has more severe PTSD (she has PTSD during the shooting in Season 6), and Arizona Robbins loses her leg. Dammit.

I have become too attached to GA. I mean it. Too attached.
I burst into tears when Lexie dies and I was exaggeratedly glad when Meredith Grey is finally getting her baby, Zola Grey-Shepherd
I mostly remember all the scenes in each episodes.
And I even can watch the old seasons again and again.
And because of GA, I almost took medical school to be a surgeon.
Crazy much? I think so.
That's when you attached so much, you think that they are real =P

Here is the latest trailer for Season 9:


Anyway, that's it for today.
See you in another post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment