Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What's good in goodbye?

I hate farewell as much as I hate monkeys.

David, one of my good friends here, is gonna go back to Indonesia, since he has already finished his degree in Monash University. I am like, suffocated by something that I should not be thinking about.
I've undergone this kind of situation many times, since I started studying abroad. People come and go. New friends come and good friends go. I am sick of saying "see you again, buddy!", where the truth is, once people step out of your sight, they will eventually step out from your life as well. 
I have befriended with many people from many different places. We were good friends when we were together, but once they moved out from Malaysia, we did not contact each other, at all. Well, I don't think 'happy birthday' wish in Facebook could be counted in maintaining friendship, couldn't it?
I have problems in long-distance-relationship. Not only in love-relationship, but also in friendship-relationship. In matter of fact, LDR is damn hard to maintain.
Out of many-friends-I-have-had, to be honest, there are only few of them that are still in contact with me. In contact here means knowing-their-latest-news-from-themselves. Even, there are only fewer of them that are still close with me.
That is why I hate farewell.

David and I held dinner together with our friends in Bubba Gump. I was even being "fooled" because this was my birthday dinner. 


So there is this 'tradition' in Bubba Gump, when there is a birthday dinner, the birthday boy or girl should stand on the chair, give speech, and dance, while the waiters are singing and dancing. And yeah, that was me standing on my chair, giving speech.

~ I'm gonna miss you so much, Buddy :'( ~


~ dinner with my good friends ~


Anywayyy,
I forgot to share my birthday surprise here!

I had such an unforgettable birthday this year. I was loaded with happiness and laughs.
I was quite busy on the day before my birthday, which is November 25th. David, Christofel, Sylfester, Ley, Jessyca, and I went to Pyramid for shopping. Not really shopping anyway, because the guys were looking for internet cable and the girls were playing DDR. But then, the girls accompanied David shopping. :p
We then cooked for our dinner at the guys' house. That was such a fast cooking, since David and I needed to leave very soon for our choir practice.

David and I finished practicing at around 11 pm, when suddenly Jessyca whatsapp-ed me, telling that she wanted to meet me at the guys' house. So yeah, I dropped by and met her. She was like having something in mind that troubled her. She even began to cry after telling me what was on her mind. 

I was about to cheer her up when suddenly she grabbed my arms, Sylfester came and tied my hands at the back, and David closed my eyes with someone's tie. OMG. I didn't even have the chance to break away.
All I knew was my face was drawn by Ley and I was forced to walk without knowing the direction.

And after all 'singing-happy-birthday', 'blowing-the-candles', and 'cutting-the-cakes', I thought the persecution has been finally over, but I am wrong. Those who live in LV, again, closed my eyes with the plastic bag and brought me to from what I guessed, swimming pool. They were about to push me to the pool when a security guard blew his whistle. Failed attempting to wet me, they brought me to the shower! Haish.

And these were the pictures taken during my presecution:

~ yeah right, i'm so... *speechless* ~

~ THOSE precious people <3 ~

~ the master minds ~

~ me after being bathed under the shower ~
I know people make fool of me, just like what they did to me on my birthday. But I feel loved.
I feel I am something for them, not just random girl they know. And when I heard the story behind my birthday surprise, I was... flattered. What actually happened was, Jetink and Ley asked me to go to Pyramid so I could find my own present. Then the guys, they actually did not plan to buy internet cable, but they went to Raspberry to buy my cake. That was why Syl did not go shopping with us and just went home. :') Jetink and Ley even went into one cosmetic shop to another, just to find perfect make-up for me :')

Thank you guys.
This is really the best birthday surprise ever :')

1 comment: